THERAPY FOR ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, RELATIONSHIP PROBLEMS / SAN FRANCISCO THERAPY / SAN FRANCISCO PSYCHOTHERAPY / SAN FRANCISCO COUPLES COUNSELING / PSYCHOTHERAPY SF / JUNGIAN PSYCHOTHERAPY / JUNGIAN ANALYSIS / JUNGIAN THERAPY / PSYCHOANALYSIS / PSYCHOANALYTIC PSYCHOTHERAPY / DEPTH THERAPY / DEPTH PSYCHOTHERAPY / PERSONAL GROWTH
WHEN COUPLES THERAPY MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU:
Many of the couples I see have grown into a routine with one another which feels comfortable and reliable, yet limited. Others want help out of negative cycles of blame, resentment or disappointment. Some couples want to revitalize what once felt a good relationship. Some want a place to explore the issues that arise for each of them as they contemplate marriage, children or a deeper commitment to one another. Some of the couples I see are struggling with the unique challenges of same-sex partnership. Some couples want help, either explicitly or without knowing until we begin, to find a safe and compassionate way to end the relationship.
I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN HELPING COUPLES ADDRESS:
- Negative communication patterns
- Trust issues, perhaps because of infidelity and/or jealousy
- When sex has become unsatisfying, routine, or non-existent
- Chronic resentments and destructive anger
- Pre-marital considerations and concerns
- Deciding to have children; fertility issues; parenting issues
- The unique challenges of same-sex partnership
THE HELP I OFFER:
It is my role to provide a facilitating environment in which you can safely explore and work through the relevant issues in your relationship. My training and experience help me to recognize the internal issues and behavioral patterns that can contribute to problematic dynamics in the relationship, or to the sense of feeling stuck or at an impasse.
SOME OUTCOMES YOU MAY HOPE TO ACHIEVE:
- Greater sense of trust in the relationship
- Improved sexual experience
- Effective strategies for managing anger
- Improved understanding of one another's experience and needs
- Effective strategies for resolving conflict
- Clarification and/or resolution of the issues upon which the decision to marry or have children depend
SCOTT CAROLLO, MFT
INDIVIDUAL THERAPY & COUPLES COUNSELING IN SAN FRANCISCO
I offer an initial telephone consultation, at no cost, to help determine if I'm the right therapist for you and your partner. I welcome any of your questions or concerns. Explore the site and call or email to schedule a consultation or make an appointment.